Hi! If you’re here, you’re most likely signed up for my Health Innovation course as Daniels College of Business. Â My goal for you is to develop a curated feed that’s focused on healthcares evolving landscape. Please follow the recipe below and ping me if you have any questions.
Note: These instructions are specific to a laptop.
- If you have Twitter account, login. ThenÂ click here and click on the ‘Follow’ button and then go to step 4. If you don’t have a Twitter account, read on.
- Create a Twitter account that has nothing to do with your name. (Assuming you care about your personal brand. Your follower-to-following can get hosed and you’re probably not going to create any content.)
Note: This won’t work if your Twitter account is private. Keep it public.Â Â
- Then click here and click on the ‘Subscribe’ button in the upper left-hand corner. (You don’t need to follow the account. Just subscribe to the list.) By doing so you’ll receive all of the tweets from those on this list. (I created healthcarefeed to help my students keep up and I add resources as I find them.)
- Then download/install Flipboard on your phone (or your laptop).
- Once you’ve installed it, find the search option in Flipboard and search on the term ‘twitter’.
- The option to add your account will come up and you guessed it: add it!
- Then when you open Flipboard – on the nav item with 4 boxes – you’ll see a Twitter box with the tweets of all those on the healthcarefeed list.
- Right before bed, open up Flipboard and look through the day’s news. Impress your friends the next day with all that you know.
Note: The next step is for those that are really geeky.
- If you ‘d like to save those stories, you can download/install Pocket. Pocket is a cloud-based bookmarking app that will allow you to save stories. (In Flipboard, it’s under the sharing option and you’ll need to specify Pocket as a way to save articles. That’s in the settings.)