This is a fascinating interview with @chamath that covers many topics. Below are some highlights with the associated timestamp. (To be clear; it’s worth watching the entire thing. Twice.) This video went viral due to his comments on Facebook’s social engineering but there is much much more. Enjoy!
- “Be a good copier” (8:15)
- “There are 150 people that rule the world” (10:00)
- “That fail fast approach works for consumer internet businesses. But I don’t think it works for anything that really matters.” (17:53)
- “I feel tremendous guilt” (about consumer manipulation at Facebook) (21:21)
- “How do you not let the power corrupt you?” (40:40)
- “I think brining liquidity into companies sooner will actually allow companies to bake longer and more patiently” (43:47)